Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In the beginning...

I am an English teacher. I've been teaching for eleven years now, and have always felt I was ahead of my fellow teachers as far as incorporating technology into my classroom is concerned. However, I have yet to utilize blogging in my class.

Well, it is time for me to do so. I am first just trying to learn to blog myself. Once I've done so, I want to learn ways to include blogging in my curriculum.

Any ideas or tips anyone can give me as to how to incorporate blogging or make assignments inwhich my students blog I would be most happy to recieve.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wesley!
    I thought I would share with you something I found in my weekend blogging quest. I came across Penzu. If you haven't heard of it, Penzu is an online journal/diary. It can be a private tool but it also can be used for groups. I've wanted to start an ejournal assignment and have them reflect on various events through the day or be given a certain prompt. I thought it looked really neat, but I haven't checked into it real thorough. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    I have been really knocked out by an illness that seems to be making its way around my school. I have missed almost the entire week with my students, and am just getting enough strength to sit up for small amounts of time to do my coursework. I wil certainly look that site up. It sounds like it really may be something I want to try to use. I am about to post my blog about what I will be doing with blogging in my English classes.

    Thanks. I hope you have the best of luck as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wesley,

    Hello, I am new at blogging, too! If you are looking to start blogging with your classes I feel it's best to start with a question to get your students engaged. You can pose questions about a topic you've dicussed in class or about a novel you're reading. I would definitely go over the rules about blogging before you get started,so students know what is expected of them. You could do this by making a rubric for students to use as a guideline.

    Take Care,
    Alison Pietrzak

    ReplyDelete