Sunday, December 19, 2010

Using my GAME plan with my students

Week 7 - Taking it all in...

I almost feel that I have dropped the ball here. I have been really pushing myself to stay on top of things during this course. I knew I would have to because of the amount I was tackling this school year and the time of semester this course would be taking place. I was feeling pretty good about myself then realized as I was finishing my lesson plans I have to have turned in to my principal by 8 tomorrow morning, I forgot to do my blog for this week. I guess I just let myself get buried under the piles of grading along with finishing up a novel unit and preparing for final exams I will be giving Tuesday and Wednesday.



So, here I sit looking over my GAME plan. As I do, I feel that I have made some real progress toward fulfilling these goals. If anything, I have done some real research. I learned about some tools such as schoology.com and Ning. I have discovered the importance of making this effort to find ways to help my students become more engaged and gain more ownership into the content and the lesssons.


I worry that I took a major setback with the schoology site. I have high aspirations for what I want to do with this site. I set up an account with schoology planning to use this site for educational networking with my students. I hoped to perhaps even have them use the site as a place to create facebook-like pages for characters in novels we study. This might happen but I wasn’t able to give it the attention I need to. By the time I got my account set up, I got bogged down with some things in my classroom and the schoology site took a back seat. My last day for this semester is Thursday, the 23rd, so I am hoping to do some work on it while I’m out and perhaps have some things ready when I get my new students on January 4th. As for Ning, this site may also be a real place for me to do just what I was describing, but Ning is currently blocked from on my district’s network. I have requested the block be removed but so far, I have been told it can’t because the term “social networking” is part of the description of the site.


As I said, I have ideas that may have partially been there before beginning this GAME plan, but have been really thought through and even taken root. While I would have liked to have gotten much further, I do believe the beginnings have taken place and I will only go further toward fulfilling my goals.





No comments:

Post a Comment